Saratoga Springs, NY & Troy, NY
Phinney Design Group is a multi-disciplinary Architecture, Interior Design, Green Building Consulting, and Construction Management Firm with a focus on sustainable and environmentally responsible construction methods. Practicing what we preach, Phinney Design Group is headquartered in a sustainable building located on the corner of Beekman St. and Grand Ave. in the historic Dublin Neighborhood of Saratoga Springs, NY.
Founded in 2002, Phinney Design Group has grown slowly and organically over the past 17 years. As new architects and designers have joined the firm, they bring their own creative talents, knowledge, and inspiration. We believe in an open creative process where the best ideas rise to the surface with an emphasis on collaboration and investigation. We have worked together to develop a portfolio that is about creating architecture that enhances the context and communities where they are located. Our office environment cultivates teamwork, creative thinking, and exploration; allowing for a swift and seamless exchange of ideas. We continue to discover new ways to work, interact, and investigate emerging technologies to promote a constant state of knowledge sharing.
Construction project manager
We’re currently seeking a Construction Project Manager to be based out of our Saratoga Springs office. This employee will report to the Director of Construction Management Services and is responsible for the day-to-day administration of a project during the construction phase and represents the owner’s interests on a daily basis. This person has the ability to work on projects of varying sizes and complexity and may oversee other construction site representatives.
The Construction Project manager may be responsible for oversight for both commercial and residential projects. However, in the short term the projects will be primarily residential.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Assist Director of Construction Management (CM) and Design Teams with pre-construction drawing reviews to help identify constructability issues and develop project budgets and schedules during Schematic and Design Development phases
· Perform quantity takeoffs and create detailed construction cost estimates, in conjunction with the CM and Design teams, based on plans and specifications.
· Develop project schedules for communication with client, design team and subcontractors to ensure for the timely and efficient flow of work. Includes sequencing and phasing strategies, as required.
· Develop scopes of work and bid packages, in conjunction with CM Team and Design Teams, for all phases of construction (i.e. – Sitework, Concrete, Framing, MEP, Interior Carpentry, etc.) to assist the Director of CM in bidding, leveling and awarding subcontracts for all key phases of the project
· Collaborates with internal design team (Project Architects and Interior Designers) to ensure current information is communicated between office and construction team in the field
· Serves as primary liaison between Director of CM and Site Supervisor and Subcontractors.
· Performs regular site visits to observe work-in-progress, ensure conformance with Contract Documents, compliance with overall project schedule and high standards of quality are being maintained. Ensures any deficiencies are communicated to the project team.
· Schedules and chairs weekly on-site project meetings with the Project Team including all prime contractors and prepares a written record of the meeting
· Assists with monthly invoice review and cost reconciliations.
· Assists with punchlist administration and project closeout process at the completion of the project.
· 3-5+ years of progressively complex construction project management experience
· Minimum High School Diploma is required. Advanced degree (Bachelors, Masters or Associates Degree) in Construction Management, Architecture or Engineering is preferred
· Professional Licensure is not required, however is desirable
· Excellent written and oral communication skills; detail oriented; highly organized; self-motivated; works well under pressure
· Proficiency in Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook)
· Proficiency in BlueBeam Revu (for viewing and editing PDFs and performing quantity take offs) is highly desirable
· Proficiency with AutoCad and/or Revit software packages is desirable
· Experience with construction cost estimating and performing quantity takeoffs is highly desirable
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Thank you for your interest in Phinney Design Group.
We’re always looking for talented, passionate and creative people to join our team. If you’re interested in possible future opportunities, please send your resume and portfolio (less than 5mb) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you.
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Annual Bonus
- 401K Plan Including 3% Safe Harbor Employer Contribution and a Diverse Portfolio
- Health Insurance, 60% Employer Paid For Employee
- Dental Insurance, 60% Employer Paid For Employee
- Aflac Insurance Options
- Paid Time Off
- Extra PTO Beyond Standard Holidays
- Paid Continuing Education, Study Resources & Conference Attendance
- Flexible Work Hours
- Saratoga Springs & Troy Locations
- Free Tickets to Adirondack Thunder Hockey Games
- Membership to The Local Pub & Teahouse Mug Club
- Opportunities to Attend Employer-Paid Community Fundraising Events
EOE. No phone calls or third-party recruiters, please.
Phinney Design Group does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies/third-party recruiters for any of its employment opportunities. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Phinney Design Group about these openings. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies/third-party recruiters to any employee at Phinney Design Group via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Phinney Design Group; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by Phinney Design Group as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.