Phinney Design Group is a multi‐disciplinary Architecture, Interior Design, and Construction Management firm with a focus on sustainable and environmentally sound projects. The Firm is headquartered in a green building located in the historic Dublin neighborhood of Saratoga Springs, New York.
We are currently seeking a motivated, design‐oriented candidate for the position of Job Captain | Project Architect in our Saratoga Springs, New York office.
Phinney Design Group has an opening for a talented team member with a minimum of 3-10 years’ experience in an Architectural or allied discipline. Candidates must demonstrate a strong work ethic, hands‐on documentation skills and willingness to learn. The successful candidates should have prior commercial, residential, and hospitality architectural design experience.
- Essential to have experience with Commercial, Hospitality, and Residential project types
- A first professional Bachelor or Masters in Architecture is required
- Licensed Architect in the United States highly desirable
- LEED Accredited Professional highly desirable
- Strong proficiency in Revit is required
- Strong proficiency in Autocad is preferred but not required
- Strong hand drawing and rendering skills a plus
- Knowledge of NYS Building and Energy Codes and IBC.
- Must be well organized, have an eye for consistency, quality and follow through
- Management of project teams
- Will interact with Clients, Client Representatives, and Construction Teams regarding technical aspects of the project
- Responsible for the technical quality of the project
- Mentoring younger staff on technical and code related issues
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong professional, verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to work individually while also taking direction
- Strong problem solving skills
- Supportive team player
We offer competitive pay with the opportunity to work on diverse projects. If this position interests you and you meet the minimum requirements, we invite you to email a resume and cover letter for consideration.
Please send cover letter, resume, and portfolio sample (less than 5mb) to Phinney Design Group, attention Whitney Shafer, at email@example.com.
More information relative to the firm’s history and project portfolio can be found at phinneydesign.com.